L12F0101 UberMate 3.0 CAN Motor Protection Module 4 x 110VAC
A compact, highly integrated control and protection device for 3-phase induction motors. It controls one Forward Motor Contactor – or Forward/ Revers Contactor Pair – for direct-on-line (DOL) motor starting. Onboard inputs monitor motor current, temperature and contactor status. A host PLC can rely on built-in motor protection – or disable this protection to use the device as a remote I/O.
• Full control and monitoring provided by CANopen field bus
• Controls one [ON/OFF] or two [FORWARD/REVERSE] motor contactors.
• Switching contacts rated to 16 Amperes (make/break 4000 VA)
• Switching contacts support withstand inrush of 80 Amperes.
• Two contacts in series to comply with functional safety requirements.
• All relay outputs are protected by internal hardware watchdog timer.
General Purpose Relay
• Additional auxiliary “C-Form” relay output (for general purpose use or upstream power isolation).
Contactor Status Monitoring
• Four (4) opto-isolated 110VAC digital inputs.
• Used for general purpose or for monitoring contactor auxiliary contact status
Motor Current Monitoring
• True RMS current measurement with range from less than 100mA up to 1600 A. Measurement settling time 100 milliseconds
Motor Temperature Monitoring
• Three (3) self-powered, 2-wire PT100 inputs.
• Galvanically-isolated (UL 1577: 5000 V RMS for 1 minute).
• Built-in earth leakage resistance measurement.
Motor Protection Options
• Protection is configurable for each protection skill by host PLC control system in real-time
Give system integrators the flexibility to use built-in protection or custom PLC-managed protection
• Built-in motor protection options:
• Motor Over Temperature Protection (via PT100 temperature sensors)
• Jammed Motor Rotor Protection
(based on motor current measurement)
• Thermal Overload Protection
(based on inverse-time calculation of motor currents)
• Phase Imbalance Protection
(unequal motor currents in 3-phase system)
• Phase Rotation Sequence Verification